Halloween Spooky Soup
- 750g Peeled pumpkin flesh
- 1 Large carrot, peeled
- 1 Onion, peeled
- 3 Garlic cloves, peeled
- Olive oil
- 400g Tinned butterbeans
- 1.5 Litres vegetable stock
- Flaked sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Cut the pumpkin, carrot and onion into similar-sized chunks.
- Put into a roasting tray along with the garlic.
- Add a good glug of olive oil, season with salt and pepper and toss around to coat in the oil.
- Put in the oven for about 30 to 40 minutes until the vegetables are tender and golden.
- Remove roasting tray from the oven and put over a high heat on the hob.
- Add butterbeans (plus the liquid from the tin) and vegetable stock.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Then simply transfer to a blender or liquidiser and blitz until it is smooth.
- Spoon into bowls and serve to your hungry little monsters!
- Adults may like to add a spicy sprinkle of cumin seeds, chilli flakes, and a twist of pepper.