Watermelon is the one of our favorite summer recipes! Don’t worry, it’s not like a pineapple pizza, It’s just a huge round slice of watermelon sliced like a pizza.
But this is the kind of pizza where you can easily eat more than one slice without the hefty calories tacked on! IT' Super yummy and easy for children to make.
- 1 large round watermelon slice about 1 inch thick, cut from the centre of the melon
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- 1/4 cup cream cheese whipped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Shredded coconut for topping
- Mixed berries for topping (or any of your favorite fruit)
- Crushed pistachios for topping (optional)
- Nutritional fact! Hydration from the watermelon, Vitamin C in the strawberries, antioxidants from blueberries, protein and vitamin A in the cream cheese
• To start, get a juicy large watermelon, and cut it in half. Then cut an even round slice about 1-inch thick. Use the rest of the watermelon as you wish. You’ll only need this round slice. (you can also buy large slices from the supermarket, if you don't want to buy a whole one)
• To make the topping, it’s a simple mixture of ricotta cheese, cream cheese and honey.
• Whip it up!
• The mixture will go right on top of the round slice of watermelon along with a nice sprinkling of shredded coconut. Ask an adult to take a pizza slice (we’re making pizza after all!) and slice the watermelon pizza into 8 equal slices
• Then yummy the toppings! We love adding fresh fruit on top, like strawberries and blueberries. You can also add mint leaves, cacao nibs and nuts if you’d like! If you’re having a party, you can set out a variety of toppings and all your friends can select and customize their watermelon pizza slices.
• However you top it, this watermelon pizza recipe is such a refreshing snack for summer get-togethers. It helps with that sweet tooth and also quenches your thirst – making it our favourite ever summer treat!