How to cook rice!
How to cook the perfect rice.
Cooking rice can be slightly intimidating for some, but it doesn’t have to be.
Follow Jo Pratts's method and achieve perfect fluffy basmati rice every time.
- Measure out cups of your rice and water (cold) using the ratio 1:2.
- Add the water and rice to a saucepan along with a pinch of salt and bring to a rolling boil over high heat.
- Once the water has come to a boil, pop the lid on and reduce to a low heat. Leave the rice for 10 minutes to cook, making sure not to remove the lid.
- Keeping the lid on, take the rice off the heat and leave for an added 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and fluff up the rice using a fork.
- Now you should have perfect fluffy rice!